- Petroleum production is estimated at about 85000 barrels a day.
- Cameroon ranked 7th highest producer in Africa.
- Production presently takes place on 2 offshore locations, Rio del rey and Douala-Campo basin. Production on hold over the past 2 decades and new oil fields have to come on-stream to avoid a serious decline in oil production.
- Rio del Rey approximately 7000km offshore produces 9/10 of the national production of the brut from 55 fields.
- Douala/Kribi-Campo: 19000km2 onshore 3 marginal fields in production
Large concentrations discovered in Douala/ kribi- Campo
- Evaluated at 155 billion m3 including 86% on non associated gas and 14% of gas cape.
- Resource could exceed 255billion m3 if uncertified resources are added.
Investment opportunities include;
- Distribution of gas to industries in the economic capital, Douala.
- Construction of stockage areas for liquefied petroleum gas.
- Exports of natural gas.
- Transportation of associated burnt gas on petrol platforms.